Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chuck Taylors


I decided to draw a pair of Chuck Taylors so Lily sent me a photo of hers. Great! Except they were low tops. I had to fudge the extra height and have no idea how many lace holes there are in the high tops. For Christmas I gave each grandchild a framed print of the sneakers as well as an actual pair to wear. Who knew they come in infant sizes? And in PINK!
When Mark asked me what the significance of this gift was I had to remind him that he arrived at his High School graduation in cap, gown and a pair of red Chuck Taylors. When they told him he could not participate in the graduation ceremony dressed like that he went back to the car and changed his shoes. Ready for anything, that boy. Now a man, he is awaiting the birth of his first child, a girl, who already has a pair of Chuck Taylors waiting for her when she comes.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Annie,
    This is an amzingly detailed drawing - especially the shading. It it stipled?? I would love the see the pink pair....

    ReplyDelete