Tuesday, January 6, 2009


For the new year I made a watercolor journal as I am not so crazy about the Moleskine ones. Anyway I spent a lot of time at The Center For Book Arts a few years ago and I don't want to waste those skills. Actually at that time I made some lovely journals but never used them as I didn't feel I was worthy to draw in such lovely books. Thanks to encouragement from Danny Gregory I am over that. While still in Stowe I ripped apart an old pad of watercolor paper and folded each sheet. Since it is 140# paper each sheet is it's own signature. Back at home I shall stitch it together and bind it. And USE it with courage. The little angel in the corner is another decoration from the memory box. This one dates way back to the dining room table in Brooklyn (circa 1950) where eight of them circled the centerpiece. Being sentimentally attached to these little cuties I had never really noticed until I started drawing that our little angel actually has a scowl on her face. She just may be upset at the ravages of aging as she has lost her wings. (Maybe I have them:)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment